A little about me....
Courtney, here. I'm a yoga teacher, a textbook Pisces, vino & vinyasa enthusiast, lover of tacos, coffee chugger, and an avid traveler. I am a Wisconsin gal living blissfully in Lake Country with my husband and lovable labrador, Lottie.
So, what's the story? Well, I have been practicing yoga on and off for years. Then... serendipitously if you will... I fell in love with the practice at a time when I ended up needing it the most.
I'll admit, when I started practicing, I was not obsessed with finding my center or interested in learning Sanskrit... However, over a short period of time, I started realizing small changes that I was unconsciously implementing in my lifestyle. I was smiling (and laughing) an infinite amount, I found myself listening more attentively, and practicing patience and humility. In addition to the shifts in my life, yoga provided me with a community and lifestyle that I will be forever connected too. It's a practice that's even more rewarding off the mat which is what fascinated me. I want people to feel and find this connection too; thus, why Soul On Yoga was born.
The yoga adventure is a continuous love affair...
- 200-hour certified yoga teacher through YogAsylum and the Yoga Alliance under Pamela Bliss (studio owner + teacher)
- Pre/Postnatal Fitness Certification through OhBaby! Fitness specializing in prenatal and mom + baby yoga
- Kids Yoga Certification specializing in teaching children ages 4-12, or grades K-5 through OmSchooled under Sarah Herrington
- Introduction to Therapeutic Yoga 1 under Meg Logan (Yoga Therapist CYT, E-RYT 500, Ayurvedic Practitioner)
- Yoga Health Counselor Certification through Kanyakumari Ayurveda + Yoga Wellness Center
- iRest Yoga Nidra instruction with Master Teacher, Mira Binzen
Putting all these pieces of the puzzle together, yoga has undeniably helped me grow into the person and teacher I am today. I use both my creativity and my keen eye for detail as a way to compliment each asana, transition, theme, and class/session as a whole... You'll hear me say time and time again... your mat is not only your home-base, but also your playground. After all, it's all about playing with the fundamentals on the mat and weaving them into your life off of the mat.
Courtney Engel Berthelsen, Yoga Teacher + Yoga Health Counselor